http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-11562598
This story focuses on terrorist threats to France. The Eiffel Tower has been evacuated twice in September and French authorities are on high alert. The pafe from BBC.com features a photo of military presence in France and other related stories. Unlike some other newsites it does not feature very many hyperlinks or videoss and additional media content.
The actual structure of the story is brief and then begins to speak about the Mumbai attacks, referring to how something of that style may occur in France.
"Ten gunmen attacked targets in the Indian city of Mumbai in 2008, killing 166 people in a three-day rampage."
I find that stories which are about a certain event which lead on to a discussion of another specific event are confusing and almost feel as though the writer did not have enough to go on for the initial story.
One feature I did like however, was that BBC.com did feature the same story on different news sites for viewers who were interested in another take on the news article. I found this is quite interesting because I would have thought this may mean less viewer traffic for BBC.com if they are allowing other sites to place their hyperlinks underneath their own stories.
BBC.com also has divided world news by geographical areas such as Latin America, Europe, Asia for a quick and easy way to read news articles from each region. Like most other web based news sites, they did have the actual time the story was updated which is always a nice touch.

No comments:
Post a Comment